Monday, May 5, 2008

Pessimism Personified???


"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini


Depressing! Utterly pessimistic!!This book exudes pessimism, creating such a melancholy aura from the beginning till the end. I mean was the author averse to any positive happening or thought? I had such a disgusting mood while reading this book that I wonder how I even managed to finish it.


I have read many views about this book online & supposingly its a best seller & many people have loved it. Dunno, I somehow didnt like it. Its not that I dont have an appetite for sad books, books based on serious issues. I have read "Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinberg & it was so much based on poverty & helplessness of human that it made me tearful, but I still liked the book.


Now I am really skeptic to pick another of Khaled Hosseini's works..Lets see..

No comments:

Post a Comment