Friday, July 31, 2009

Lord Of The Rings - J R R Tolkien

Phew...what a lengthy book :) I had started reading this book long long back , when the third part of the movie was being screened. At that time the multiplexes here also screened the first 2 parts, so that people like me who hadn't seen any part as yet, could do so , before watching the 3rd part. So I ended up watching all three parts of the movie , before I could finish reading even half of first part of the book. I really enjoyed watching the movies, and having done so, I did not feel like continuing reading the book & so left it there.



Now few months back when I was in Bangalore at my frens place with my hubby, we ended up discussing LOTR, all four of us being fans of the movie triology. And this renewed the interest in LOTR book & I again started reading it. This time I enjoyed reading the first 2 parts of the book, but by the time I started reading the 3rd part, I was like "Phew". Its quite a long story [and my book having all three parts in one, is really a fat one]. In fact I found it a verbose book. I mean there would be pages together on description of the forests n climate n mountains n all. This surely means that the author has loads of imagination & skill to pen it. But for readers like me its difficult to again convert those words into imaginations. To some extent its possible, but then pages together gets too much :D Plus there were those poems n songs, which I just had to skip. Not to forget the language, I mean its English off course, but its written in a different n "not-so-easy-to-read" way. Otherwise the story is good, the world of hobbits, n elfs, n rings, etc etc, is quite interesting. My favourite characters being Aragon, Gandalf & Sam :)


I am still in the middle of the third part, but guess its gonna be a long time before I finish it, but I will surely finish the book this time :D Its been 4 months since I am into this book [okay this is not the only book I am reading, many more going on side by side], lets see how many more months before I finish it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment