Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse

He is one of my favourite authors! I simply love his work!!I would have sent him a fan mail had he been alive :)


I don't think I have read better humour than his. Off course Bill Waterson's Calvin n Hobbes is also awesome but then that is comics. Wodehouse's style of writing is so different n hilarious. His way of formulating the sentences, his analogies, his characters, everything is simply awesome :)



His stories are very simple. Some set of comic characters, related to each other. Various complications getting ingeniously solved towards the end. But his comic style of writing these simple stories will just leave you in convulsions of laughter :) I keep reading his books side by side, along with whatever other book I am reading. It lightens my mood with a dose of laughter :)


A trivia: there is this award "The Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize", which is the UK's only literary award for comic writing. Established in 2000 and named in honour of P G Wodehouse :)

1 comment: