Thursday, December 31, 2009

Remembering the travels ... 2009 !

Well here's the last day of 2009 & tomorrow begins a brand New Year..2010..!!It has been a good year & I was able to make some wonderful trips as well.


Pic 1 : Trail in Coorg


Our first trip this year was to Coorg in Karnataka. It was our anniversary celebration trip & trekking on Tadiyandamol, walking on plantation trails, relishing Coorgi cuisine was exactly how I wanted to celebrate it :) This followed by meeting up friends in Bangalore, made this trip memorable :)

Next was my solo visit to Bangalore in March to meet my friends. It was a long weekend & I decided to go to Bangalore & spend it with my friends there. We had gone on a day picnic to Nandi Hills nearby, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that trip with me as of now.



Pic 2: Kankaria Lake

My next long weekend was in Ahmedabad with my parents. It was very very hot even though the summers had just begun (April) & I mostly confined myself to indoors. The only outing was some shopping in old markets like Rani no Hahiro & a visit to Kankaria lake.

Pic 3 : Pangong Tso, our fav place in Ladakh

In July we both planned a trip to Leh Ladakh & it was simply awesome. It was one of my dream destinations & I was simply mesmerized by the beauty of the rugged mountains. I am glad we could take this trip & I am equally eager to go there again. Though next time I would love to travel the manali - Leh route via road. Hopefully that will materialize too :)



Pic 4: Rainy evening in Kerala
After spending a week in Leh we directly went to Trivandrum in Kerala to spend a week with Sayu's parents. It was a week well rested. We didn't go out anywhere for sight seeing even though this was my third visit to Kerala. May be next time :)




Pic 5: Greenery in Raigad

Once the monsoons began, it isn't fair to let it go without any trekking or driving in such a pleasant and green weather. So I went on couple of trekking trips to Raigad fort & Lohgarh with my office friends. The greenery around was just so enticing.


Pic 6: Step Well, 7 storeyed

Our last trip this year was again to Ahmedabad. Though it was cut short, we managed to have some good time while we were there & we able to see the Adalaj Step well & Swaminarayan Mandir.

That was all the travels I had this year & I hope the new year brings with it many more happiness, joy & lots of travel trips too ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment